Cherry

Cherry

bright red cherries
flowers

Cherry
Adelaide, Australia

About me…
I’m a new wife (married April this year), a fulltime worker who dreams of longer weekends, a Brown Owl prefect and crafter

I’m co-author of brightredcherries which I share with my Mum (and craft hero!) Cathy.

I find that I use the phrase ‘I try hard’ or ‘I tried hard’ a lot. Really I do!

About my square…
I drew the flowers based on some vintage wallpaper I found online.
My square is embroidered by hand using stem stitch satin stitch, bullions, French knots, and chain stitch. My aunt Susan was very patience and taught me each stitch.
I stitched in bed, in front of the TV (watching Mad Men), at the kitchen table, in the lunch room at work, in the garden in the sunshine and at Brown Owls.
My square is framed with red ribbon, stitched with a running stitch.

This is my first (ever) piece of embroidery I’m thrilled to be part of the Quilt Project group!

Find me...
Facebook, flickr, Meet me at Mike’s Forum
Come say Hello!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Just fabulous! Wish I could have a closer peek at your stitchery :) K