Nan

Nan

rummage
a stream of consciousness

Nanette
Canberra, Australia

About me...
I like to move things around my house in ever-diminishing circles. The Frenchman would be happier if he could find where the hell I've put stuff. I tell him life is full of adventure. Crafting is fun except when I have to make more than two or three of the same thing, then I feel like a sweatshop and have to go and eat some chocolate in the pantry to make myself feel better.

I have two blogs, Rummage, and Acacia et Coquelicot. I expect some time soon someone will read these, recognise my genius and offer me a seven figure book deal for my memoirs. Just quietly, I'd settle for a six-pack and a weekend away at a cheap b&b.

About my square...
The square came about through sheer panic. I was (un)characteristically late, (may I be struck down by a large bolt of lightning), and had the genius plan of writing whatever came into my head as I sat in front of the sewing machine. It's called free-motion quilting and may look techy but it isn't at all.

I loved the squares people have made, I think you are all frightfully clever.

Find me...
on my blog.

9 comments:

Leah said...

so One of my fav's you did really will, for someone so worried.
i hope you get that book deal. cheers Leah

Leah said...

Opps ment to write really WELL, not will.

june at noon said...

This is awesome. I love the concept, love the way the last-minute aspect inspired it. And your ability to write so clearly by machine amazes me!

Kylie said...

Love the text - so fabulous :) K

Gina said...

Definitely one of my favourites Nan, I love the aesthetic but the text makes me laugh too. I'm so going to freemotion some words on a skirt or something now...

lisa stubbs said...

I love this square, it made me laugh, I love work which makes me laugh, it's a skill, and you have it!! fantastic!

KPB said...

Hilarious.

And so original!

Kirsty said...

I love your square so much Nan. May the swear jar always stay full of dosh. xxx

Anonymous said...

Your square sentiment is great fun, and man do you write really straight, let alone free-motion quilt straight. Now, confess, did you draw pencil lines to write/quilt on?