Sheridan

Sheridan

chaletgirl
sheridan


Sheridan
Sydney, Australia

About me…
I’m a quilter, a sewer, a reader and a collector of fabric. I’m a wife, a mother, a daughter and a sister. I used to be a traveller. I have a 4 year old son and a 9 month old daughter.

I write a blog at chaletgirl. You’ll find some sewing, some quilting, some family updates and lots and lots of photos of fabric.

About my square…
I embroidered my square by hand using 6 strands of embroidery floss, and used about 3 skeins. I have used French knots, running stitch, back stitch, satin stitch and ‘trellis couching’.

My design came about because I can’t draw and one of the conditions of the project was that I couldn’t use somebody else’s design. But I really wanted to be a part of the project. So I started with a small circle in the middle, and from there I made it up as I went, just adding circles and details as the design grew outwards from the centre.

I worked on my square on holidays, by the pool, and while waiting for doctor’s appointments and every Tuesday while I watched my son at swimming lessons. People often asked me about what I was making and I told them about the project. I felt proud to be a part of it.

You can see more about how the design was created here.

Find me…
Flickr

2 comments:

thornberry said...

It's a beautiful square Sheridan and I'm so glad that we were both part of it!

Rubycat said...

Now I can never again use my lack of drawing talent as an excuse not to make up a design - your square is beautiful and artistic and your stitching is perfect. I'm in awe of what you did with circles. Just gorgeous!